Issue Date: June 5, 2014
Revision Date: March 7, 2022
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. is committed to the provision of serving customers including people with disabilities in a manner consistent with the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity. Furthermore, such goods and services will be provided in accordance with the spirit and intent of all applicable legislation including the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA).
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. and its employees (“workers”) will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account each person’s particular disability.
Service Animals and Support Persons
Unless otherwise prohibited by law, persons with disabilities will be permitted to be accompanied by a service animal or support person:
- where services are provided at premises owned by Ashland Construction Group Ltd.; and
- where the public or third parties have normally have access to such premises.
Where a support person accompanying a person with a disability may be required to pay an admission fee to enter our premises, notice of the amount of this fee will be provided in advance of their visit.
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. is committed to serving people with disabilities who use assistive devices. We will endeavor to become familiar with the various assistive devices used by people with disabilities and will be flexible in facilitating their use by people with disabilities to access our services.
Disruption in Service
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. will post timely public notice of a current or anticipated disruption in any facilities or services we provide to enable people with disabilities to access our services. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. will provide training to:
- All its workers, who could reasonably be expected to interact with the public or third parties on behalf of Ashland Construction Group Ltd.
- All those who are involved in the development, approval, monitoring or implementation of Ashland Construction Group Ltd. customer service policies, practices and procedures about the provision of services to the public and/or third parties.
This training will be provided within three (3) weeks of when the individual commences performing duties for Ashland Construction Group Ltd. Additional training will be provided within four (4) weeks of any revisions made to this policy and/or related procedures and practices. Such training will include the following:
- A review of the purposes of the AODA and the requirements of its Customer Service Standard.
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disability.
- How to interact with persons with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a guide dog or other service animal or the assistance of a support person.
- How to use equipment or devices available on Ashland Construction Group Ltd.premises or otherwise provided by Ashland Construction Group Ltd. that may help with the provision of services to a person with a disability.
- What to do if a person with a particular type of disability is having difficulty accessing the services provided Ashland Construction Group Ltd.
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. will establish a process for receiving and responding to feedback from anyone about the manner in which it provides goods or services to persons with disabilities. Information about this process will be made readily available to the public.
The feedback process will permit persons to provide their feedback in person, by telephone, in writing, or by delivering an electronic email to email@example.com.
The feedback process will specify the actions to be taken by Ashland Construction Group Ltd. in the event that a complaint is received. A response will be provided to the person providing the feedback, or complaint within fourteen (14) working days.
Policy Administrative Controls
Ashland Construction Group Ltd. is responsible for reviewing this policy every three (3) years and/or recommended amendments to ensure on-going compliance with regulated accessibility standards and legislated obligations.
Management personnel will ensure that they and the workers under their supervision are familiar with this policy.
Monitoring and Contraventions
Management personnel will monitor current practices to ensure compliance. Failure to comply with this policy may result in disciplinary action, up to and including dismissal.
This policy is subject to amendment and/or revocation at the company’s sole discretion, without prior notice to workers.